Topic: Is this a good start to my collection?

Hey, what's up, guys! I actually decided to start a collection today and was wondering if the White/Black Nike Zoom KD 9 was a good shoe to start with. I was browsing shoes on Nike and thought it was a really sick shoe and color. Leave your opinions down below!

Re: Is this a good start to my collection?

welcome. for best results you should only buy the shoes you really like and wish to wear. don't think of it as a collection, just think of it as shoes you like to wear.

the best sneakers to start with are the ones you already wear.

fwiw, i personally wouldn't bother with KD but i dont bother with much besides AirMax and Jordans.

dont forget SB's brendan tongue.

back on topic, welcome,

To me, a personal collection of any kind should be a labour of love accumulated over many years filled with pieces you love (and loathe but just cant get rid of).  Starting a collection just for the sake of it will not be enjoyable at all because you’ll basically be collecting to flex on social media (lets face it, theres little point otherwise) and to impress those kinds of ppl you need to buy whatever is hyped at the moment and if you’ve been in the game for a minute youd see whatever -that- is, its finicky and swings wildly from one week to the next.  You’ll NEVER be able to keep up and you’ll more than likely end up resenting everything about the “scene”. 
Buy what YOU like, but more so buy what you’ll wear otherwise youll just have all that money sitting there getting a poor investment return on likes and hearts.  I can think of a lot better things to do with my money than try to have my belongings validated by strangers wink

As for KDs, ive never been a fan plus I don’t ball anymore.  I’d recommend trying them on first, you might like the look of them but the fit might be uncomfortable for you, again, that’s only if you plan on wearing them.

messiahyo_ wrote:

Hey, what's up, guys! I actually decided to start a collection today and was wondering if the White/Black Nike Zoom KD 9 was a good shoe to start with. I was browsing shoes on Nike and thought it was a really sick shoe and color. Leave your opinions down below!

No.

Thread end.

Serial chilla

saru7 wrote:

To me, a personal collection of any kind should be a labour of love accumulated over many years filled with pieces you love (and loathe but just cant get rid of).  Starting a collection just for the sake of it will not be enjoyable at all because you’ll basically be collecting to flex on social media (lets face it, theres little point otherwise) and to impress those kinds of ppl you need to buy whatever is hyped at the moment and if you’ve been in the game for a minute youd see whatever -that- is, its finicky and swings wildly from one week to the next.  You’ll NEVER be able to keep up and you’ll more than likely end up resenting everything about the “scene”. 
Buy what YOU like, but more so buy what you’ll wear otherwise youll just have all that money sitting there getting a poor investment return on likes and hearts.  I can think of a lot better things to do with my money than try to have my belongings validated by strangers wink

This.

KD is as good as any shoe I guess, but as other have said, you don't start a collection. You buy shoes, you wear them, then after time you buy another pair which you either like to wear or not, then you buy more... presto after a while you have a collection.